- Latest Comments
- Most Popular
- Download Previous Issues of Florist magazine!
- GFG Kick-Starts its Online Promotion
- Become a Star in Belgravia...
- Ribbon to Remember you by
- Inspirational Evening at Bloom and Bust
- One Hundred Hunks to Join UK Florists
- Floralife opens UK Flower Testing Facility
- New look Florist magazine and website
- Rewarding Vocational Excellence
- Flowers4 Suspends Trading
Category: News Published on Friday, 20 June 2014 08:35 Written by Hannah Dunne
Over 50,000 affiliated florists in 150 countries around the world make up the global flower delivery organization Interflora Inc., which was founded in 1946 with the merger of the American FTD the European Fleurop-Interflora, and the Interflora British Group.
As a result the supervisory board of Interflora Inc. has been made up of four representatives from each of these three groups. A world president is elected every two years and this month saw the election of Stefan Gegg (44) the current CEO of Fleurop AG.
In June 2013 Gegg was elected president of the European branch, the Fleurop-Interflora Association, and of the Fleurop-Interflora Global Flower Services AG and since then has been responsible for the interests of the profession at European level.