- Latest Comments
- Most Popular
- The second issue of FLORIST magazine is out now!
- The third issue of FLORIST magazine is out now!
- GFG Kick-Starts its Online Promotion
- Inspirational Evening at Bloom and Bust
- Become a Star in Belgravia...
- Ribbon to Remember you by
- Floralife opens UK Flower Testing Facility
- New look Florist magazine and website
- One Hundred Hunks to Join UK Florists
- Flowers4 Suspends Trading
Category: News Published on Friday, 20 June 2014 08:35 Written by Hannah Dunne
Over 50,000 affiliated florists in 150 countries around the world make up the global flower delivery organization Interflora Inc., which was founded in 1946 with the merger of the American FTD the European Fleurop-Interflora, and the Interflora British Group.
As a result the supervisory board of Interflora Inc. has been made up of four representatives from each of these three groups. A world president is elected every two years and this month saw the election of Stefan Gegg (44) the current CEO of Fleurop AG.
In June 2013 Gegg was elected president of the European branch, the Fleurop-Interflora Association, and of the Fleurop-Interflora Global Flower Services AG and since then has been responsible for the interests of the profession at European level.